Sunday, May 5, 2019

A sweet victory: my baking hobby is back in my life and it does not derail me.

I’ve been at this weight loss game for about a year now and am over 55 pounds down and 20 pounds away from my goal weight. I started at a size 16/18 to being in between a 10/12 at present. This is all well and good but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss my favorite hobby- baking! I’m a huge Great British Bake Off addict and used to churn out some gorgeous tarts, cookies, buttermilk biscuits, scones, shortbreads, you name it. To me nothing is more relaxing that putting on some danceable music and turning a bunch of ingredients into a house that smells amazing and brings everyone downstairs to see what just came out of the oven. I had been channeling this love into healthier avenues like whole grain banana breads and fruit salads but today after a busy weekend and lots of walking at the museum I wanted to be that fun mom that puts a big plate of warm chocolate chip cookies on the counter. I put on my rock opera playlist- Queen, Meatloaf, Chess the Musical (I’m campy), and took my time making the most luxe cookies I could. Plugra butter, toasted and ground pecans, dark chocolate. Old me would have eaten two and burned my goddamn mouth as soon as they came out of the oven. New me let them cool on a wire rack like an fully functioning grown up, and placed them on a glass cake stand on the kitchen island. I served one to my son and husband and cut one in half for myself and we ate them slowly while enjoying each other’s company and not inhaling. Old me would have easily eaten ten cookies to the point of feeling ill. Not anymore, dudes. I will save a few for us and take the rest to work tomorrow. They tasted amazing but making them and singing and dancing with my kids in the kitchen was the part I actually enjoyed.

Losing this weight has really helped me to realize what’s important. And here’s a bonus: walking around with my husband on a hip street in my city last night filled with all the bars and places I used to go on dates when I was young and single I walked smack dab into this guy and looked up to see it was the jerkface that broke up with me because of my weight before I met husband. Straight up told me after four years together, “I love you but I’m only attracted to skinny girls and don’t think you have it in you to slim down”. He was considerably overweight and with a woman that was much bigger than I was even at my heaviest. 😉

Sorry so long. I’m just turbo proud of myself and don’t toot my own horn to friends and family.

submitted by /u/frenchpressmess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Vhovyc

No comments:

Post a Comment