Sunday, May 5, 2019

All the wrong reasons pushed me to the right thing

TL;DR AT THE BOTTOM

Just sharing my story, not sure if it fits here, but I wanted to get it out of my chest. Started as a little over 110 kg

-JUST BEFORE STARTING- This year I got accepted to uni, and it felt like a whole new start. Weight loss wasn't in my mind, it never had been. I knew I was overweight but I didn't think of it. People of course noticed, and while I did make friends, they would sometimes address me as fat/chubby even thinking it should help with the weight loss. And then I met that girl, she was happy, giggly, would look at me with all the joy in the world, ask me to return home with her, help her study, and in general just hang out together at uni. But it's a story of all the wrong reasons remember? So I tried getting her for more than friends but it didn't seem like she wanted that. Or I didn't make it clear enough. Of course I blamed it on my weight. We got along just fine, so it must have been my appearance that effed it all up. And that's why they call me fat, and that's why I didn't deserve to be with people I wanted.

-THE JOYRNEY- So I snapped, I decided that I wouldn't let it ruin any more chances, and I started running and walking. First day 3km, then 5km then stabilizing at 7km, some days going even 10km. Walking/running 1½-2 hours 3-4 times a week, and cutting off any useless food(chocolate, chips, ice cream, soda, too much cheese, too much bread, pizza, all sorts of sweets etc). Learned to eat fruits, salads, less quantity, more quality. Around 1500kcal a day, sometimes less, others more, soon incorporated cycling. There were days were I would cycle for 100mins, run for 60 and then get back home and do push ups/sit ups/crunches and so on. I managed to keep it going during the first months by thinking of that girl. For every junk food I thought of eating, for every mile I tried to cut, for every set I wanted to avoid, I reminded myself how I could have her if I just wasn't fat. Toxic, clearly, maybe a bit obsessive, but it worked.

-NOW- I'm currently around 83kg. Lost 27 kg from November 2018 to May 2019. A bit of flabby skin here and there. Sometimes I can't recognize myself in the mirror. I keep looking at my veiny hands like they are somebody else's. I do like myself more now. I do find my more attractive. Hell, I got a ton of more chances with girls(no, not her). Journey still lies ahead. Got a gym membership and I'm working on adding some muscle. Stopped running and I only cycle for my joints.

TL;DR: My story doesn't really matter. What matters is that it's doable. Get it together and you can do it. It will be hard, it will mess with your head and your psychology, but it's the best gift you can get yourself. And the hardest to aquire. I'm happy to read your stories guys.

submitted by /u/uknown1618
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DPW93t

No comments:

Post a Comment