Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Accurate TDEE Calorie Calculator?

I'm doing the best I can when following CICO, and though I've been losing weight steadily now that it has slowed to around 2lbs a week, I want to insure I'm doing the absolute best I can.

Currently I follow the guidelines set forth by MyFitnessPal, which also happens to have nearly the same calories provided by Lose It app. I don't count or eat any of my exercise calories that the app offers up, but I enter in currently as a 5'6" 36 year old male at 312 pounds, 49.2 fat percentage and a sedentary lifestyle. I work in an office, but sedentary isn't necessarily true as I do Tae Kwon Do three days a week and have slowly added physical activity every other day. Still, I like having the exercise as a bumper for the day, so I don't factor it into my TDEE.

I wanted to insure that my apps were right so I also ran several calorie calculators today and got a variance that was surprising to me. Some of these calculators said with a 1000 calorie a day deficit (for 2 lbs a week) I should be at 1700, some said even lower between 1500-1600, and a couple of crazy ones said I should be below 1,000. I have no intention on following the latter, as I've read numerous times an adult male shouldn't go below 1500, but I also want to give myself the absolute best chance for sustainable weight loss.

Am I missing something? Should I follow the apps recommended calorie limit? The TDEE online? Does anyone know of a super accurate calculator? I'm aware nothing is going to be 100% accurate as it varies greatly due to a wide range of variables on every person, but surely we can get close here.

Thanks for your help as always team!

submitted by /u/mailorderninja
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LgOdOO

No comments:

Post a Comment