Wednesday, May 1, 2019

I'm not a 'volume' eater. Anyone else?

There's a school of thought towards weight loss which recommends replacing high calorie density foods with low calorie density foods (swapping white rice for cauliflower, as an example) in order to achieve results by allowing a person to fill their stomach the same amount (or more) but for less calories.

But for me this is uuuuuuuseless. Because I don't like to fill my stomach. I like to satisfy my craving beast. I can sit down and eat a huge bowl of steamed vegetables the size of my head and I'll still be climbing the walls afterwards, desperate for a scoop of ice cream or some avocado toast. It doesn't have to be junk food, but it needs to be calorie dense and tasty, with protein and fat, like a spoon of peanut butter or a protein bar, to trigger my satiety level to stop eating. In fact, if I eat too much food by volume, for example a pint of soup, I'll actually feel hungry soon after because my stomach will feel stretched out.

Diets that say "you can eat as much of this as you want!" don't work for me when the thing is not the thing I want.

I'm having some real weight loss success at the moment by eating small portions of stuff I crave and enjoy, like protein shakes and bars, (taste like candy bars/milkshakes) avocado on a toasted English muffin, individual slices of pizza from the deli, etc.

I'm about 10 pounds overweight and I luckily don't suffer from terrible hurdles like binge eating disorder or food addiction, for context. However it's clear the thing that trips me up isn't my stomach, it's my tongue.

Anyone else not a volume eater, and how does that affect your weight loss journey?

submitted by /u/tokyo2saitama
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2USOV4b

No comments:

Post a Comment