Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Aiming for a slimmer waist and plus-sized confidence

Today I start my journey toward change.

Too embarrassed to post a picture. Too ashamed to look at myself. Today I embark on a journey to make a major health change. But it’s not the weight loss I’m focusing on... it’s what I’ll gain. Confidence. Discipline. Pride. Respect.

I don’t remember when I let myself go physically, but I’ll never forget the moment I let go emotionally. 26 years old, recently single and with a small child... I heard the words that put a pit in my stomach and a black mark on my self esteem. “Plus sized.” It still rings loudly in my ears. Pluuuss sized. That’s when I stopped caring about being overweight and decided to just get over weight. I accepted being fat. I grew bigger. I cared less. And now the consequences of this have caught up to me.

My health is poor. I’m out of shape. I’m out of my jeans and it feels like I’m out of society.

I’m ready to feel like me again. Today and everyday here following, I focus on my health. I focus on emotional growth and a shrinking waist. I focus on ME.

submitted by /u/somegirl_youdontknow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Vm14UC

No comments:

Post a Comment