Saturday, May 11, 2019

Back on the wagon

I feel like the weight loss journey is like quitting smoking. It took me 3 times to successfully quit and I had to have that “eureka” moment when I realized how much damage I was inflicting on my body.

I had a similar moment the other day with my weight loss or lack there of. I started a few years back when I hit 245 and was noticing the start of serious health problems. I lost almost 40lbs over the course of 16 months and was happy with the progress. However, a new baby, added stress from my wife’s job, new house and the General day to day problems in life saw me slide back into old habits. Binge eating at night returned and I put back on 20lbs in a pretty short amount of time.

The other day I was trying on clothes for summer and I was truly disgusted with my body. The rapid weight gain has added a few stretch marks, Im starting to feel terrible again and dealing with chronic heart burn from the terrible food.

But the silver lining is for the past 6 days I’ve been back on the MFP routine and added weights / running back into the mix. My goal weight might be unrealistic (175lbs - 6/4- M) although it gives me something to shoot for.

Never to early to start again.

submitted by /u/username_choose_you
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2vY8Vs1

No comments:

Post a Comment