Thursday, May 23, 2019

Being Questioned by Friends If I'm Losing Weight "Safely"

I decided to hang out with some good friends this weekend, and while we were discussing our workout routines, I was blatantly asked by them if I was truly losing my weight safely.

I hadn't been public about my weight loss journey up until a few months ago, when I started to truly exercise and watch what I was eating. I lost the first 20 lbs almost a year ago (June/July) by having mono for 6 weeks, and then going through a breakup immediately after. I've lost the other 15 lbs since March, which isn't an absurd amount for almost a 3 month period.

It really hurt me when they said that, as I do have a younger cousin who is diagnosed with anorexia a year ago, and my family would absolutely be on me if I started down that path. I've always been completely transparent with how I'm eating and exercising to my family, so if they did have any concerns they could voice them.

I've put so much hard work into getting myself healthy both inside and out (severe depression in January has forced me to use meds and daily meditation), and to have friends congratulate me on my journey but question how I got there has made me feel pretty insecure, and after voicing that my family is completely aware of everything I do, he was still questioning me.

submitted by /u/huliann
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2M2gZmt

No comments:

Post a Comment