Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Don't let anyone tell you losing weight is easy.

I just wanted to make this post to say that losing weight is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. The willpower and strength I need to chug through every day has been more than I ever anticipated. But one month ago, today, I began this weight loss journey and have been pouring myself into it every day since. And today, I am 20 pounds lighter than when I started. I know I still have a long way to go from here, but I just wanted to share with someone what I've been doing.

Weight graph!

Since my body type at the time of weight loss was heavy, but still muscled, I decided the best route for me to lose weight for the first half of my journey was to focus purely on diet and self control there, and pass on the gym. I was 234 with a body fat % of about 26. This meant my lean weight was about 173, which is above my goal weight. To work on my diet, I began meal prepping for every day ahead of time, planning for 1:23 intermittent fasting. I made hearty salads that had all the proteins and fats I needed for the day, while keeping them relatively low calorie (~1000). I had one a day during the week, and on weekends would usually cook myself a more substantial meal as I had more time. This, along with a morning jog every other day has allowed me to very quickly lose weight. I've gone from 234/26%bf to 212/23%bf in the matter of just one month, which is crazy progress to me. It's good work, but I have to constantly remind myself that there are still 50 pounds of me to shed, not to mention heading back to the gym and doing weight training towards the tail end of my weight loss. The hardest is yet to come.

I just want to remind y'all that weight loss is no joke. It takes time, effort, and dedication. Along the way, I've found new things about myself and become a better person, even in the mere month I've been doing this. I find myself less hungry and food cravings have mostly gone away. I more carefully look at nutrition in things I eat. I also find that losing weight with friends or pals makes things so much better! Suffer together right? :)

I've been a lurker for a long time, but I want to be a more active part of this community going forward. You've given me all so much hope and determination, and I hope that someday I can do the same. Have a wonderful day friends :)

submitted by /u/greenpouch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/30j6WwB

No comments:

Post a Comment