Saturday, May 11, 2019

How to overcome mental drawbacks/self-esteem issues tied up in weight loss?

Basically I have low (virtually no) self-esteem. I struggle to look people in the eye and am nervous to leave the house for fear of everyone’s judgement. A decent portion of this is tied up in shame over how I look/my weight. Every time I try to lose weight I hype myself up by imagining all the benefits/how much greater my life would be if I lost it. Then a while in, I (due to low self-esteem) subconsciously self-sabotage and begin thinking I don’t deserve that better life/the benefits that come with a healthy weight. I tell myself I’m doomed to be like this and soon enough I relapse and just fall off the wagon. These episodes have made me think I really need to get better self-esteem and believe I’m worth it before I can lose weight, but to get that self-esteem I also feel like I’d need to lose weight! It’s a terrible cycle and I’m wondering if anyone else has esteem issues/has sabotaged themselves by believing they’re not worth it and has any insight on how to overcome this?

Cheers

submitted by /u/Rbdge
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2YjuCPy

No comments:

Post a Comment