Sunday, May 5, 2019

I don’t want to give up like I have so many times before.

I’m 260ish lbs (23F). My weight typically fluctuates from 258-265. I’ve been overweight since I was 8 years old, and the only time I’ve been able to lose weight is twice when I’ve spent extended periods of time out of the country. In 2012, for that reason, I lost about 15 lbs but gained it all back within a year of being back in the US. Last summer, I lost about 8 pounds in 1 month spent in South America. Other than that, I have steadily gained weight my entire life and I believe my max was 265.

I did a little dieting for a few weeks this winter and got down to 260. On 4/27 (8 days ago), I stepped on the scale and was 263.5 lbs, and I decided it was time to change for good. I’ve been eating mostly raw veggies (which works well for me because I’m basically a rabbit). I love junk food too, but switching to eating raw food hasn’t been hard yet. I’ve only cheated a couple times this week on an order of crinkle cut fries and one night I ate too many spoonfuls of peanut butter because I tend to get cravings for it and then can’t stop lol.

Anyway, to get to the point of this post... this is stupid, but I’m kind of discouraged because, although I’ve been limiting myself to between 1200-1500 calories per day and walking a lot (I’ve even gone to the gym twice this week) I haven’t really lost any weight. I’m sitting at anywhere from 259-263 over the past few days. This is honestly the longest I’ve ever stuck to a weight loss plan in my entire life, and I don’t want to get discouraged because I’m not seeing quick results on the scale.. how can I overcome this? What specific things can I do to stay motivated?

submitted by /u/buttercup228
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VMwaUH

No comments:

Post a Comment