Monday, May 6, 2019

Increasing resting heart rate after weight loss?

I am hoping that maybe someone knowledgeable may have some insight on this. I (M 28) have lost about 30 Lbs of the last 2-3 months. This is mostly through just using CICO / portion control, eating more vegetables and cutting out any drinks except water, and coffee. I also work in a warehouse, so I normally get in the ballpark of 10-15K steps per day.

I was assuming Losing weight would help to lower my Resting heart rate, but I have noticed that my fitness tracker shows a definite trend of increasing resting heart rate which is starting to concern me. Before my loss when I was 5'9, 230-240 Lbs, and my RHR was roughly 65 BPM. now that I have shed a bit of my burden (now 200 Lbs), I have notice my RHR has increased to ~85 BPM.

I feel better overall and more energetic, but I can't help but be concerned about the rising RHR. Do I just need to exercise more, to lower it back to a better rate? If anyone has run into this on their journeys, any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

submitted by /u/dischdog
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DPTLcU

No comments:

Post a Comment