Wednesday, May 15, 2019

I've lost 205 pounds, gained 35 and now lost the 6 most satisfying pounds in a long time

Now I have been a regular on loseit it for a couple years now. I help mod the sub and I've help run countless challenges over my time. I've been able to take a ton of weight off and been very fortunate to help hundreds along the way via this reddit. I consider myself a very lucky person for all I have been able to do. But for the first time in a year I am able to admit I've sucked and back tracked.

Its a tough thing to be honest with yourself as I am sure we all already know. I hit my lowest weight and was on top of the world. Then slowly bit by bit for the past year and a bit I began to gain. My life changed a lot. I moved in with my girlfriend to our first home. We have a fairly high household income so we've been able to enjoy life. Travel a bit. Eat out. Cocktails on the deck and plenty of bbqs with friends. We also have recently found out we are expecting a child. So a lot of good has come into my life thanks to my girlfriend. But as we got comfortable and as we enjoyed life the health aspect of my life took a backseat.

Now this was not a complete fucking off of everything. We were still making great choices 75% of the time but the rest was horrible. Tasty, but horrible. I always brushed it off as we went as not a big thing and always thought meh its ok just a few pounds. Though I hit a low of 275 I levelled out around 290 for a bit. Which I was happy and content with. A period of maintenance after 2 years of rigid health felt great. Everything the scale went up a bit I would know that tomorrow was a new day and I would be fine.

Yet as time went on the day never really came and I eventually found myself back up to 325. The awakening came as the pants I was once so proud to purchase were on the verge of needing an upgrade... instead of a downgrade. A very shitty feeling that we all can relate to I am sure.

After a weekend getaway for myself to Toronto recently and attempting to drink the city dry I returned home and finally was ready to get back to work. I have the knowledge and experience to do it so I just had to knuckle down and do it and re commit to the lifestyle I worked so hard for before. I've been rewarded with a nice 6 pound lost as I get to experience the initial woosh once again for the first time in a long time.

I've always maintained that no matter how long you do a weight loss journey you should never stop learning how to do it. Every stage of what I do or you do is a blank canvas and it takes a lot of tinkering to figure it out. My first go round with this was a low carb option which was not keto but close. This worked great for me for 2 years. These past few months I tried the same and it just was not working like before which led to the last few pounds gained. Then it hit me. ThatCanadianGuy88 try something different! So I began to incorporate a bit more carbs into my eating. Staying withing my calorie goal still but just eating new foods. It worked. 6 pounds gone is a small bit in the grand scheme of things but they have been the most satisfying 6 I have lost since the first 6. The struggle of saying no to crappy food and such has gone down dramatically and I am finding my groove once again.

So why am I even writing this? Well I have been used as a beacon that people look to for inspiration. I've got countless messages asking for help or saying thank you for being my inspiration etc over my time. And what I really want everyone to know is no matter who you are and how much you try it is ok to struggle and have hiccups in this journey. That's what this all is at the end of the day. A journey and one that never really ends. We just find new paths in this journey. So if you're out there struggling after X amount of time of success or X amount of pounds lost just know that its normal and its ok. You're not alone. And even those you think crushed it and made it look easy have felt or feel the same way you do.

Don't let those plateaus get you down. Don't let those spells of "off the rails" get you down. Just always remember what you have done so far and remember what you're capable of. We all have it in us to accomplish what needs to be done. We just need to find the best way to do it.

Lastly, remember "You don't have to be good everyday, you just need more good days than bad days."

Heres to the next chapter in my journey and to all of yours.

submitted by /u/ThatCanadianGuy88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Ed2FRO

No comments:

Post a Comment