Thursday, May 9, 2019

New Clothes

I've been losing weight for a little over a year after a major break up. After, I wasn't eating as often especially not junk food like my SO would always want and I worked out more another thing my SO was against. I don't take much notice to myself due to my own low self esteem, but I know that I have visibly lost weight but never expect people to mention it. People not mentioning it, might be due to the fact that I haven't bought new clothes since my weight loss. I'm still wearing my, now baggy, XL shirts and large sweatshirts. I needed some new clothes for an interview and got the best fitting ones. I get up this morning, in the kitchen meandoring about when one of my roommates comes downstairs. We chat for a bit, when he stops to just stare me up and down.

"Dude, you've slimmed down. I didn't notice until now but I definitely notice now how much weight you've lost"

It just took me off guard, not being used to this. We talk about the clothing size issue and he agrees about the older clothes hiding my progress. I'll still wear my XL clothes around due to my lack of interest in new clothes, not wanting extra attention from strangers or worse people I know asking me about my weight loss. Also, I just like my old shirts. I'll buy new clothes to help show off my progress some time I'm sure but not anytime soon I digress, if you aren't having people take notice to your progress then you might need to check out what size clothing you're wearing and if it's really your best fit.

submitted by /u/HowlingAims
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JpG87U

No comments:

Post a Comment