Thursday, May 9, 2019

Some personal milestones

I have hit a plateau and have been having it rough lately, so I thought I would share some milestones I have accomplished during this year and a half long journey that might inspire others to look beyond the scale.

  1. Controlled my reactive hypoglycemia: I owe keto dieting to this. Been on it for over a month and it has helped me from experiencing anymore crashes. I still have the same energy and diet ethics if not more so than ever.

  2. Increased physical strength: Before I could barely complete a 30 minute workout without huffint and puffing for air. Today I did a full 38 minute HIIT boxing workout, followed by an ab workout that included ab crunches and planks, and followed by lower body dumbell strength training, all while on a 16 hour fast. It was easy and I felt super energetic.

  3. Better mindset: Other than the natural chemical changes that occur in your brain and body with weight loss and better eating habits, I personally have become kinder to myself. As someone who has recovered from a prior eating disorder, I now enjoy telling myself daily how proud I am of myself and how appreciative I am of the gains, even if small. I also am not ashamed to take pictures of myself for the sake of progress.

Just some milestones. I will keep pushing forward but little reminders help me keep positive and optimistic throughout all this.

submitted by /u/positiveflower
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Jug8bC

No comments:

Post a Comment