Monday, May 6, 2019

Not Motivation, Discipline!

I am a 21 year old woman, and I took this spring semester off to get a handle on my mental health. I am on a better medication (Wellbutrin) and have been feeling better these past months because of it, I have been working on balancing classes with how I feel day to day, and I have been trying, and succeeding, to eat more nutritious foods so there are as few roadblocks as possible in feeling better.

My problem has been consistency with the gym. In the past two years, I've gained 25 pounds from emotional eating as a way to cope with my depression. I want to lose weight because I don't have the confidence to do things I used to, and I try to cover myself up in public. I have body dysmorphia and come from a fat phobic household, so the fact that I've gained so much weight has taken a toll on my self esteem, to the point where it's hard for me to feel beautiful at all anymore. It's uncomfortable for me to move around, and I know exercise is the final component to feeling better physically, and when I do exercise, my emotional state improves dramatically because of endorphins.

What I lack is not motivation, but the discipline to go to the gym as much as I can, unless I absolutely cannot. I want to be able to push myself and get there as often as I can, so here is my question: How do you stay disciplined every single day, or at least most of them? what are strategies or mantras yall have used? I know it is the fear that I will stay this way forever that is keeping me away from the gym, as in, what's the point? I've been uncomfortable in my body this long, why do I expect it will change?

I know weight loss isn't easy, but I want to feel good about myself, and moreover, I know it helps me keep my head straight. These two things I know to be true, yet I am inconsistent. How do I toughen up and make it happen?

submitted by /u/lhey252
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DR79xu

No comments:

Post a Comment