Thursday, May 2, 2019

NSVs

I have noticed a few things in the past month or so that have made me really do a double take and then after confirming my findings, do a little happy dance. I don’t really talk with anyone about my weight loss so I thought I’d share my NSVs here.

  1. Putting sunscreen on my back. I used to be able to reach around and get my whole back but hadn’t been able to the past few years. I tried again a couple weeks ago and was SO surprised that I was able to reach the whole way. (And also very happy that I won’t be getting sunburned 😎).

  2. I was washing my face the other day and saw my collarbones peak out for the first time in about 4 years.

  3. This past weekend I wore heels and walked around in them and didn’t lose my balance or have to take them off.

  4. I put on a pair of shorts that were too tight on me last summer and they were pretty loose. They actually started to fall down when I put my phone in one of the back pockets!

  5. Only my close friends and family know I’ve been trying to lose weight, and even then I don’t talk about it with them unless they ask. Well, 7 or 8 unconnected people I see regularly have said something within the last week. It’s kinda funny to me that all the comments started around the same time - I’m really curious what specifically changed last week that was significantly noticeable lol.

I never thought I’d be able to do this and keep it up. I started and gave up so many times before, but the little changes are really, really motivating. More-so than the scale, that’s for sure.

To be specific, all the weight I’ve lost thus far has been from eating a mostly keto/carnivore diet. I am about to start an exercise regimen now that I have the energy, so we will see what new NSVs I gain from that!

SW: 255 CW: 210 GW: 180

submitted by /u/cold_bananas_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JblFDE

No comments:

Post a Comment