Friday, May 10, 2019

People Getting Offended When Others Offer Food and You Decline

Hey everyone!

I am currently on a weight loss journey since March 2017. I've lost 35 lbs so far. I am a nurse and work in a doctor's office setting. Ever since starting this new job 2 years ago, I've learned to resist temptations, find habits to keep distracted and stay out of the break room where the food is. It seems like almost every day whether it's a patient, family member, a rep from a company or even co-workers bringing in food. There's pizza, cake, junk food, donuts, candy. I'm pretty much the only one in my office who makes the decision to not eat any of it because i don't want to eat it. I eat a lower sodium, lower sugar diet for 2 years now. I eat veggies, fruit, beans, potatoes, rice, low-sodium soups, and the dinners we make at home, we choose lower sodium options. My taste buds have adjusted where I enjoy real wholesome foods.

Whenever I have a piece of pizza or a slice of cake once in a blue moon, it makes me uncomfortable physically...my mouth hurts, my taste buds get inflamed, i feel heavy in my stomach and I physically regret it afterwards. Do any of you get constant offers from your co-workers or just other people asking if you want their food and you decline their offer and they get really offended or shocked that you said no.

For example, it's Nurse's Week this week and today, pizza was ordered for the nurses. I had multiple people ask me if I was gonna have a slice. And I said "no thanks, I'm good". One person kept going on and on stating "not even on Nurse's week? not even just one slice?". And I explained to the person why I am declining. I've been on a plateau in weight for many months now and this week I'm finding a way to break that plateau.

Do you find it rude or shocking that people get offended when you decline their offer of food? People get so emotionally upset over food and when you don't eat it, they get offended. I just wanted to hear some thoughts and opinions on how other people handle people like that? And what your advice is to handle people like that.

submitted by /u/VicChic20
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/30cGMeY

No comments:

Post a Comment