Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Starting again

So many years ago I got super into weight loss as I had had enough of being overweight. At the time I was about 110kg. I watched a lot of Scooby on YouTube and pretty much devoured all the information I could find regarding weight loss and so I bought some food scales and signed up for MyFitnessPal and started calorie counting.

As someone who seems to look at food and put weight on, I was amazed at how fast and how calculated weight loss was if you accurately measured calories. Eventually I signed up to the gym and started doing small amounts of cardio and mostly strength training. I got down to about 85kg at my lightest - however I distinctly remember looking into the mirror and still seeing a fat person. I became really good at saying no to junk food if I wasn't going to be able to fit it into my calories.

I had to get rid of most of my clothes and buy new ones as my 3XLs didn't fit me anymore and I was starting to wear Mediums and sometimes Smalls.

Fast forward maybe 7 or 8 years, started working full time, moved in with a partner and over time I got slack and the weight sneakily piled back on to my highest of 130kg!

I applied for a new career which requires more fitness than I had so I decided I'd jump back on the wagon and was able to lose 10kg. I managed to get the job and had to go away from home for 10 weeks for training. I met new friends and we ended up going out a fair bit for drinks and meals during the 10 weeks and I put 5kg back on.

If anyone wants to be friends with me on MyFitnessPal please add me, username is the same - dbfuru.

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/dbfuru
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LoMerz

No comments:

Post a Comment