Monday, May 13, 2019

SV: Made it to ONEderland, even though I'm pregnant!

I am just floored right now, honestly, and I can hardly believe the scale!

A little background: I got serious about weight loss back in December with CICO and IF. All was going well, and then I got pregnant in March. It was planned so I was very happy, but I knew the weight loss was going to have to take a backseat (I was about 202 at this point). I needed to eat breakfast, for one thing, or else I'd be nauseous, and IF went out the window. I also stopped tracking because it was just too much for me, and I wanted to keep my brain as non-anxious as possible for the baby.

Well, I can't believe it, but I hit ONEderland today, 14 weeks in! I have not been dieting and have even been drawn to dinner foods like plain cheese pizza or mac and cheese because the blandness is so easy on my stomach. But the one thing I have been doing is prioritizing fruits and veggies throughout the day and healthy proteins like sardines, etc. Just making sure there's a great storage of nutrients for baby.

But I think even more than that is that 3ish months of IF and regular CICO changed the way I eat a bit. The binging is for the most part, kicked. Cravings are easier to manage. I can have 3 cookies or 5 crackers instead of the whole box.

Add to that that I'm not drinking and my body is now using extra cals for baby, and I'm losing weight, if only a tiny bit. At my BMI, I'm only supposed to gain 15 to 25lbs across the entire pregnancy, so this is very reassuring to me.

Just wanted to toss this out there--even if there's a lifestyle change that forces you to change some of the methods that have been working for you, it may be the case that you've picked up some good habits that can help you on your journey, however that changes over the years.

submitted by /u/AUSTENtatiously
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VYJBRv

No comments:

Post a Comment