Wednesday, May 8, 2019

The calories defeated me that day. They won the battle, but I will win the war.

I think we all must prepare for ups and downs with this weight loss journey. We can meal plan, calorie count, and eat healthy all we want. Sometimes, life happens and that’s okay!

Last week my boyfriend and I had a power outage so we decided to go outside and play some tennis. During our drive to the court, we hit a curb and pop a tire. Great, so we have no power at home and now a flat. We throw on the donut and look for the nearest Sears auto since he has a warranty there. Unfortunately, all the ones around us shut down. We have to carefully drive an hour away using backroads.

By this point my calorie counting has gone out the window. I don’t even want to think about healthy. We haven’t eaten all day, the car is going to take time to be ready. We see a Maggie Mcfly’s in the mall plaza and we decide to go there for dinner. Loaded nachos, calamari, and chicken tenders, topped off with a chocolate shake we both share. Did I go over my calories? You bet your booty I did. Did I really care? Not as much as I thought I would. I was defeated but didn’t really feel defeated.

One bad day won’t erase your good week. Or even a good month. More importantly, your bad day today doesn’t have to affect your good day tomorrow. Life happens, keep moving forward. Only you can make or break yourself.

The calories defeated me that day. They won the battle, but I will win the war!

submitted by /u/lemonbob15
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DWhmsl

No comments:

Post a Comment