Wednesday, May 8, 2019

How to love (or even like) yourself during weight loss?

Hello!

I've been in the process of losing weight (then gaining some back, then losing it again) for quite a while now. My progress has been good, but I can't help but feel tormented, especially when I have periods of re-gain, by my own self hatred. I despise the way I look. Whenever I pass by a mirror I always just squeeze my eyes shut and think "you'll look better x months from now..."

I don't want to hate myself into a better version of myself. I want to BE a better version of myself, but I want to like me as I am now while I get there. I think I would be healthier in general if I could see myself in a more positive light... but I don't know how. My mind is constantly occupied with my appearance and how much I hate it. I want so much to feel beautiful. But at this point, I think there's more to the problem than just needing to lose the weight.

submitted by /u/yikes0000
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LvnkXn

No comments:

Post a Comment