Wednesday, May 8, 2019

How do you break away from just plain wanting to eat? (especially when you know you aren't hungry and you're just bored)

My biggest struggle with weight loss always comes down to the fact that even when I know I'm not hungry, I still want to eat.

It's not even emotional or stress driven. I'm just bored and every time I get bored my brain goes straight to food.

I eat plenty of protein (minimum 40% most days). I drink so much water my urine is practically clear. I keep carbs and processed sugars low. I keep crisp veggies around to crunch on. But even eating carrots I could sometimes literally keep going until I feel sick and bloated and gross just because I want something to keep my hands and mouth busy and if I'm not eating I sit there thinking about eating and getting increasingly agitated. It's like addictive thoughts.

Quitting smoking wasn't half this hard.

I really thought with enough time the food obsession would go away but it's been months and months and it hasn't.

I've tried meal prep (so I wouldn't have to "think" about what to eat next), gum, lozenges, mints (so I can keep my mouth busy with lowish calories and not overeating), brushing my teeth between meals (to signal that eating is finished), Sudoku and other kind of brain distraction things, meditation, deep breathing. I just can't break it.

What am I missing?

submitted by /u/vanitypridelust
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Ylbr8b

No comments:

Post a Comment