Monday, May 13, 2019

Weight Watchers style tracking for maintenance?

As I creep on my goal weight (and honestly, as I just get a little burnt out) I am starting to think about maintenance. I am currently around 125-126, and thinking I'd like to maintain around 123 (I have 120 as a goal weight, knowing I'll bounce up a bit once I start maintaining).

I got to a stage last year where I decided to maintain and tried intuitive eating. It works pretty well when I eat smart consistently, meaning low calorie/veg meals around 80% of the time. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to do that. Once I'm not accountable, that 80% of the time turns into 70%, then 60% and so on. I gained back around 7-10 lbs trying to maintain without tracking. So I'm trying to think of a way to track in perpetuity that's not quite as labor-intensive as my current method (weigh it all, track it all) but still keeps me on track.

Once upon a time, I did Weight Watchers. I liked the theory, but didn't like how hard it was to translate "points" into real life eating situations (for me - I know it works for lots of people and I'm good with that). I am wondering if I could adopt a WW-style strategy for maintenance... my thought is to keep my calorie goal at weight loss, probably 1/2 lb a week. Then, track everything but "free" foods - come up with a list, probably similar to the WW one, of foods that I get to eat without tracking. I'm thinking most fruits and vegetables will be "free" and making myself track things like proteins, dairy, carbs and high-calorie fruit and veg like avocados.

Has anyone ever tried anything like this?? Or have tips on maintaining without tracking absolutely everything?

submitted by /u/luckylu27
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2HgUdCU

No comments:

Post a Comment