Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Do you lose weight faster if you’ve lost it before?

Ok so hear me out In 2017-2018, I went from 175 to my goal weight of around 125 by counting calories, religiously keeping track of my Fitbit TDEE and running (a lot).

After I met my goal, I was super sick of counting calories and felt a bit obsessed so backed off and read about intuitive eating. I realized though that through tracking my TDEE for so long, I already had a pretty good idea of what my hunger cues are, and how much food I need to stay satisfied. I stabilized around 130-135 and it really didn’t change much for over a year. I wasn’t counting calories at all but I was weighing myself, wearing a fitbit to mostly just keep an eye on how active I am because I tend to be really low activity if I’m not keeping track. Still I wasn’t working out a ton. I had a lot of indulgent days which I’d usually follow up with a few days of healthier eating. I had just a decent grip on food and wasn’t thinking about dieting or food, really, at all. My weight was extremely stable at an average of about 133 lbs.

Okay so fast forward to about six months ago, I fell into a cycle of major depression and mental health issues. I started to eat (and drink) quite a lot. It was comforting and I was angry- so any thoughts of counting calories or trying to be responsible about it also felt uncomfortable. I didn’t think I’d ever be able to get into that mindset again. I stopped wearing my Fitbit, or really going to the gym. I gained 10-15 lbs. Honestly I was in an extremely dark place and I’m just glad I’m here today. In October, things started to turn around for me. I’d already been trying to put in the work and one day things just started making sense again. My life has improved quite a lot in the last month - I have a future plan, I’m motivated, and I understand what I’m working for!

So the beginning of Nov (the 5th), I realized I was ready to get healthy again. I weighed in at 145 lbs. Since then, I’ve been going to the gym, trying to hit at least a -500 deficit on my Fitbit and eating around 1500 cals a day.

Aaaaaand my weight today is 133.8. Already. I really don’t get it. It’s not like my weight jumped to 145 after one week of bad eating, I watched the scale steadily climb for 6 months. Don’t get me wrong, NOT complaining but I really don’t understand the science of this at all and I’m wondering if anyone has an explanation? Is my body just incredibly used to being at this weight?

I definitely was expecting some water weight loss btw! but not 12 lbs worth, I’m already fairly low body fat % so that seems quite extreme.

I’m just going to keep going and get back down to my low goal now but I’m so curious about the science behind this. Has anyone else gained back weight only to lose it again much quicker than before?

submitted by /u/babesaurusrex_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XeGkM3

No comments:

Post a Comment