Sunday, November 3, 2019

It's okay to wait till your GW to buy new clothes, but if you have lost a significant amount already you should at least buy one pair of pants/shirt/sweater/etc.

Like everyone else I told myself since I started the weight loss that I would wait until my ideal goal weight to purchase all the clothes I want. This was okay after the first couple of pounds, but as you go into the 30s,40s,50s+ pounds you do yourself a huge disservice by wearing your old clothes.

Sure it's fun your 'old' clothes are when you wear them, but larger clothes will also hide how much leaner you have gotten. At my midpoint during my weight loss journey I decided to buy some clothes because I really needed new clothes. Got myself some size 40-41 shorts, large t shirts and called it a day (during summer time).

Fast forward to where I am now, I been using the so many sweatpants I have since my heaviest, same Large shirts and XL/L sweaters for the new season... Sure I looked smaller, but I also didn't look my true size.

The other I purchased a medium size 34 jean (haven't worn jeans in 10ish years), medium T shirt, and medium sweater... WOW the feedback I have gotten from everybody is insane.. friends, family, even strangers have complimented on my appearance.

You worked hard, so it's okay to buy something for now to show your current progress it's totally worth it.

Cheers

submitted by /u/maximilious
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2r2uFDZ

No comments:

Post a Comment