Tuesday, November 12, 2019

People losing >150lbs: did you ever go through periods of no progress?

I started at 372lbs. I am currently at 220lbs. I dunno what my final goal is but I wanna at least get down to 155-160. I am female almost 30. I have binge eating disorder and I have had long stretches of time where it’s been under control.

It’s like ever 70 or 75 lbs I just can’t keep going. Last time, it was a life upheaval, death in the family, etc and I just stayed stagnant for months. I would track in the morning and eat whatever at night. Got back on track, down another 75 or so.

Now, a messy breakup (he loved me for what was on the inside aka it was r/deadbedrooms lol). And the last few months I just can’t keep to my calories for more than two days. I’ve probably gained 3lbs.

I dunno what to do. It’s like I am right back where I started. I’ve learned no lessons and my relationship with food is the same. I do the all or nothing mentality or the day is ruined may as well pig out. I tell myself I will start fresh tomorrow. I am just. So. Tired. At the end of the day, I fucking lose every coping skill I thought I had.

Anyone who had to do or is in a long haul of tons of weight to lose been here? Is it normal to go stagnant for a few months? What helped you get back to it? Should I go back to IF? Should I meal prep? Ugh.

I have a social life with some girl and guy friends and tbh it’s a mixed blessing cause people always eat at get togethers. I am starting to get the hardcore loose skin and I’ve come to the conclusion that I won’t be dating because it would require mutual attraction, which is not gonna be a thing for me. And it makes me feel separate from normal people like a weirdo. I am super into lifting and exercising which honestly just makes me fucking starving. I am realizing I gotta tone it down and it gives me anxiety cause I think I use my exercise to manage take the edge off my binge eating. I also get anxiety that I will just lose muscle mass and not fat, even though I eat all the protein.

I doubt I can access professional help for my binge eating disorder which objectively needs professional help the same way an anorexic needs it but here I am. Any advice? Are there eating disorder subs you recommend? Books? I honestly feel like I haven’t lost a pound in my entire life. I intellectually know everything that needs to happen, I’ve lost 150lbs, but I can’t seem to implement it. I can’t have my weight loss stall every time I have a life event!!

submitted by /u/Whiteknucklesyall
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32HUbM3

No comments:

Post a Comment