Saturday, November 16, 2019

Self conscious after weight loss - negative feedback

Last year I graduated grad school at my heaviest weight. I worked out during school but was also working full time so I didn't pay attention to my nutrition like I should have which resulted in my gaining a little bit of weight during those 2 years. I got pregnant right after graduating and had my son 10 months ago. I am 5'4.25" and prepregnancy I weighed 162 lbs, right before delivery I was 182 lbs. Since having my son I have been active (rock climbing, running, hiking, and weight lifting) and have watched what I ate and have lost 70 lbs. I now maintain between 112 and 114 lbs, and have been maintaining there for a month. This is a healthy weight for my height.

I keep receiving negative feedback from friends/family/coworkers about my weight. I don't bring my weight or diet up as I find it uncomfortable to talk about, yet I am constantly receiving negative comments. This is really doing a number on my self confidence.

I am getting my body fat percentage tested Monday just because I am curious where I am at. If I am unhealthy I will definitely do something to change that, but I don't think that will be the case.

How do I manage these self conacious and uncomfortable feelings? It's not just one person, and it's not always the same people. I receive comments all the time and it is so upsetting. I don't think I look that bad, but others are saying I'm emaciated, I must not eat, or I must be anorexic.

I am performing my best at rock climbing, I am happy, and I'm at a healthy weight. I have worked so hard to get here and now all of these comments are so discouraging and making me feel like there is something wrong with me. Do I just not see what they see? Or are others just overreacting? It's just weird because these comments are coming from people in every aspect of my life (work, friends, family, etc.).

I just feel that the likelihood that I am a healthy weight but have an unhealthy body fat percentage is so low, and if my body fat percentage is fine and my weight is fine I don't think there can be an issue. Does anyone have any advice or insight?

submitted by /u/aes628
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XpWHFQ

No comments:

Post a Comment