Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Those of you who had super bad eating habits, how did you ditch them altogether?

So since June I’ve managed to lose 30 pounds through exercise and intermittent fasting. I’ve found that my tastebuds have changed, and I’m a lot more open to healthier foods. This is dramatically different from my past eating habits, avoiding vegetables entirely, not liking the taste of water, and eating a diet of mostly carbs and added sugar.

The problem is, I often find myself getting into much smaller periods (like 4-5 days or so) where my diet just goes to shit. I start over-indulging when I’m bored, drinking sodas, and being lazy again. In this time it’s extremely hard to pick myself up again, but I manage and continue on with my process. I find that during these binge episodes my confidence drastically goes down and I’m less inclined to take care of my overall self. Because I think this: “if I’m not eating healthy currently, why should I join that exercise class?”

I do snap out of this. Today was the first day back on track but I’m tired of these binge episodes. I’ve lost an insane amount of weight for me, but I feel like I still keep the fat kid mentality that sometimes comes out to play. I know that weight loss is a never ending journey, I just hate the all or nothing mentality.

For those of you who have struggled with bad eating habits and binging, how do you allow yourself to have a treat without completely blowing it? I want this to be me so bad, and I hate that I get over indulgent. I love cooking and nourishing my body, I just hate my interactions with bad foods. I don’t want them to become me, and I want to master my self discipline in their presence. Because I know I can never fully avoid treats for the rest of my life.

submitted by /u/jenna_beterson
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PPWkCz

No comments:

Post a Comment