Wednesday, December 4, 2019

A switch flipped and I feel like eating less is too easy

A couple of weeks ago I decided to get back on track with my weight loss goal. I finally joined a gym and have been tracking what I eat using MyFitnessPal.

Here's what is going on: Every time I've tried to lose weight, it has been incredibly difficult because of my sweet tooth and strong cravings for unhealthy foods. I would do whatever I could to justify extra calories so I could eat dessert or a burger or whatever. My appetite was insatiable, which is why I decided I needed to learn the ability to tell hunger apart from being bored or stress eating.

However, this time around, my cravings are gone. It is like a switch flipped as soon as I took a couple days to focus on hunger vs appetite. At first, I thought it was because Thanksgiving was coming up, so I had a cheat day to look forward to. It has remained this way after Thanksgiving, and I did not even do too terrible on Thanksgiving due to getting used to eating less food. I think about those sweets or unhealthy foods and they do not even sound good anymore. In fact, I don't really crave anything anymore. I only eat to satisfy hunger but nothing sounds as delicious as before. Don't get me wrong, it is really nice to not struggle with the cravings, but I'm confused about the loss of appetite. I've been sticking to around 1000-1200 calories daily which feels like enough. Is this something I should be worried about, or should I just be excited that I've learned to listen to my body?

submitted by /u/DiddlySquat99
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LolQvx

No comments:

Post a Comment