Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Gym advice

I've been walking a few times a week but i generally go after kids are in bed, so now it's dark and we've already got snow on the ground. The cold/dark/icy makes me just want to stay inside.

A new gym (crunch fitness if it matters) is opening up in town, and they offer babysitting during the early evenings. That removes one of my biggest roadblocks, and opens up more options for exercise.

I have a tour scheduled later in the week, and i'm pretty sure i'm joining up so long as the details work out, but here's my silly question - what do i actually DO to aid in weight loss? I'm down 25 lbs, with probably 50 to go, but i'm really focusing on just 10 lb increments at this point.

Some considerations:

  • I plan on going 3 times a week, with a 4th day being a 'bonus' if i can fit it in the schedule.
  • I can probably spend 60-90 minutes on those days
  • My engineer brain likes measuring numbers & progress, so some sort of routine is good BUT doing the exact same thing every time forever gets boring (especially a long time on an elliptical or treadmill!!!).
  • There are classes available, although i don't know the schedule yet. I like the variety classes can offer, but it is really intimidating, being the slow fat girl. A class can offer me a little more discipline in keeping at it (i have to go at a certain time/day, no procrastinating).
  • I've used some machines before, but admit to being intimidated by the free weights and worried about "doin' it wrong". I wasn't sure if any routines i was doing were the 'right' combinations or any of that.

I am prepared for a plateau/jump on the scale if i start working out more than just walking. I'm not worried about getting bulky. I'm really looking at just how to burn a few more calories and maybe get a little stronger.

TIA!

submitted by /u/ellemenopeaqu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ONGirS

No comments:

Post a Comment