Sunday, December 22, 2019

Bought new clothes and it changed the game

I've been on my weight loss journey for roughly 4 months now and I've lost 12 kg so far just by CICO en working out a bit.

I've always read the posts on this subreddit where people kept saying that buying yourself new clothes is worth it despite not being able to not wear them anymore in a couple months, yet I've always been of the personal belief that as my journey would be less than a year anyway and I'm still a student, wearing my old clothes for the entirety of the journey should be fine. However, at my internship I got the opportunity to participate in a Christmas choir who'd sing for the entire workplace and I really needed something appropriate to feel good. So I went to primark and bought 2 outfits for a total of €40.

Well, not only did I feel like a million bucks during the Chrismas concert as I actually looked nice, I also discovered I now fit a size MEDIUM!! I can't even describe how it feels, it must've been at least 6 years ago since I fit a size medium. The clothes I bought are very usable outside of the Christmas season and they grant me so much joy and pride, it was worth the €40 even for a broke student.

So especially with the festive season coming up, this is a reminder to treat yourself even if you won't be wearing the clothes in a couple months anyway. It's priceless how much of a boost it gives your mental health!

submitted by /u/Jintje
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38YofYd

No comments:

Post a Comment