Monday, December 2, 2019

Does anybody else feel deflated by the lack of physical/visual progress?

TL;DR at the bottom. This morning I weighed in at 217.6lbs which puts me 77.4lbs down from my starting weight of 295lbs and just 42.6lbs away from my goal weight of 175lbs.

The thing is, I don't look like I've lost nearly 80 lbs this year. To me it's like I've lost maybe 5lbs. I still have gigantic thighs, big arms, plump butt, wide hips, a bulging belly, hanging fupa and big man boobs.

Everything seems to point to the contrary though. I definitely look less plump in my most recent progress picture, my clothing sizes have all reduced, I've had to get new belts, my measurements have decreased but physically... I feel the same when I look in the mirror or down at my body.

Don't get me wrong, I've read a lot about how weight loss isn't linear and that it's more noticeable towards the end, also that genetics plays a big role. I'm also aware that at my current weight I'm still in the obese range. I guess when I started in January I envisioned being a day and night difference by now but that has not happened. At 40lbs down I was telling myself "the next 40lbs will be better" but that isn't the case and I'm really paranoid the next 40lbs won't be either... And that's my goal weight!

To be clear, even though I do feel a bit deflated by this... I'm not quitting. If anything this just fuels me to keep going and try harder. But I'm so scared that there's something wrong with me, or maybe just eating less isn't enough. The scale is going down but it doesn't feel like I am...

TL;DR: I've lost nearly 80lbs this year and in another 40lbs I'll hit my goal weight of 175lbs. Despite being 2/3 of the way to my goal, physically I feel as though I look nearly identical to my starting weight. Despite my clothing sizes and measurements decreasing, I still feel and look massive. However I won't let this feeling stop me achieving my goals.

submitted by /u/chrisd848
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/365N4iL

No comments:

Post a Comment