Friday, December 20, 2019

How do I break through this final plateau?

I've had a great dieting run so far, losing 90 pounds since this past mid-May 2019 (about 7 months) at a rate of around 3-3.5 pounds per week with daily strength training and serious diet changes. I am now at the 200 mark, the final stretch of a weight-loss goal of 185-190 for a 6'0", 40yo male. However, losing these final pounds been TOUGH as I've hit major plateaus over the past couple months that bring my weight loss to a crawl. I've been reading that I have to cut even more calories, so I decided to get rid of bananas, stop adding oatmeal to my yogurt, no more popcorn (plain even) as an evening snack, no more peanuts, and I am counting my lunch and dinner portions like a miser counts his change. Here are the changes I've made since the start of my diet:

  • Cut alcohol completely (temporarily, that is)
  • All but completely cut added sugar
  • Been physically active every day with walking, cycling, and strength training
  • Cut all processed foods from my diet (except for condiments like salsa and hot sauce)
  • Make all meals from scratch
  • Used only complex carbs and whole grains, so only whole grain bread (Ezekiel's is amazing), homemade whole wheat tortillas, brown rice, etc
  • High protein in the form of whey protein isolate, 90/10 beef, chicken, and occasional fish

I've been teetering between 198-203 for the past 26 days and cannot break through this plateau. What do I have to do to get back on track with my goal?

Edit: I'll add that the bulk of the remaining weight is in my chest, gut, and mid-section (ie, love handles).

submitted by /u/kekkersket
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sMzemY

No comments:

Post a Comment