Friday, December 20, 2019

I can keep leftovers!

For some of you it's natural behaviour - when you cook too much, you leave whatever is left for the next meal or day.

It never worked for me. I would always keep thinking about the food sitting in my fridge, wouldn't let me concentrate on whatever task I was on. It would drive me crazy. And within half an hour after eating a healthy portion, I would grab everything that's left and just devour it.
Needless to say I would feel like a failure and like shit afterwards... on a lot of occasions I would cry for the rest of the day afterwards.

So when I started my current Keto weight loss journey May 2018 (which is doing great!) I was aware that I would have to cook only one portion for every meal so I wouldn't binge. Some days it meant to cook twice, even if it annoyed the shit out of me. It worked. I didn't leave any traps for me.

Well, yesterday I made "wraps". I made a curry sauce and chicken to stuff them. All in all it turned out to be too much and... I just packed the leftovers in my fridge for today's lunch.

Guys... I just did it without even thinking about it. Only before going to bed yesterday I realised that I didn't binge it. And I am so unbelievably proud of myself.
I've always been on the heavier side, even lost a lot of weight in 2012 but gained it all back until 2016, and for the first time in my adult life it feels like I really have control over myself. It gives me hope, because maintaining my goal weight - let's assume I'll reach it one day - is absolutely scary to me.
I'm currently at 160 lbs and want to make it to 125 hopefully before 2021. I started at 211 in May 2017 and switched to Keto a year later. Best decision of my life.

I am so frickin' happy!

submitted by /u/SamCaledonia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38Y48t1

No comments:

Post a Comment