Sunday, December 1, 2019

I need some help on rotating my healthy meals and not becoming obsessive about food choices

I've struggled with my weight and mental health for a really long time. Tomorrow I go to therapy and i'm trying to also fix my eating problems, obsessions and so on.... I'm glad to have therapy accessible to me and I plan on talking to my therapist, and i'm hoping the antidepressants will help. So I feel hopeful about the future as much as I can be.

I do really well with a regimen, but it always becomes a problem because I have a lot of anxiety and just completely adhere to something to a fault.

  • Counting calories- if it can't be weighed, or measured I won't eat it. Which is nice for portion control and being mindful, but not eating out with friends ever, or tearing myself apart for doing it once is really emotionally unhealthy. I'll also just completely stop and give up, feeling like a pathetic waste.
  • I've done protein shake diets, where I drink two protein shakes as food for the day, and eat a small dinner, and allow myself a "whole" type of snack. But its the same as the calorie counting. I always become really obsessive about it.
  • My favorite diet has been the 2:5 diet, but I resorted to eating a 500 calorie turkey burger on my fasting days, and then started eating it every day for dinner. I had severe anxiety if I didn't eat it for dinner, and did for 6 weeks straight until I started getting heartburn and feeling a bit more lethargic than normal. I also don't think it's good for me to feel accomplished by overcoming the natural sensation of hunger when you haven't eaten until 6pm, feeling validated by that seems to exacerbate my problems

I don't know how to be on a diet that doesn't end in me being obsessive.

This past week i've been having a plant based protein shake, with half a banana, water, spinach and cinnamon. Lunch has been spinach, arugula, dried cranberries, 1/8 cup walnut, 1/8 cup pecan, 1/4 cup goat cheese, and 1 tbsp olive oil + wine vinegar + mustard. Snacks are banana or low sugar yogurt, or some cheese. Dinner has been up in the air which usually causes me to fold and just eat a bunch of snacks around, and feel really bad about the rest of the night.

I would like to try and build a plan of 8 or 10 different weeks of food, and I could just rotate? I don't know what that would consist of, but I would be really happy with something like that. It would help to just measure everything once, divvy it up, and leave it at that... not measuring and counting every day. I love spending a few hours meal prepping- I am a full time student right now, so meal prepping is really ideal.

What are some good ways to build a nutritious set of meals for the week that would promote weight loss? I try and stick to vegetables because I can eat quite a bit in that case and feel like i'm not starving myself.

Thanks you!

submitted by /u/jumpingnoodlepoodle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2L9Qn02

No comments:

Post a Comment