Sunday, December 1, 2019

Starting my weight loss journey tomorrow

I know it’s cliche to start on a Monday lol, but I’m finally ready to lose the weight I need to. I’m 21F, 5’6”, 167 lbs. Not necessarily obese, but overweight by about 12 lbs.

I’d like to get down to 140 by next year. Last year I got down to about 152 from my current weight but gained it all back from anxiety and depression. However, i’m fed up with feeling bad about my body, and being unhealthy. I feel like crap most of the time, and I know it’s from my lack of exercise/steady diet of coffee and junk food.

My anxiety and depression has prevented me from cooking and getting to the gym. I plan to meal prep as much as possible and slowly cut out sugary drinks (I work at Starbucks so this will be a challenge). My mom and I are also going to be going to the gym on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We live in different states so won’t literally be going together, just on the same days.

Any advice? I’m excited but a little afraid of failing. I heard that it’s important to incorporate weight lifting into your gym routine, not JUST cardio. I was thinking 1 day of weights and 2 days or cardio a week, does this sound good? Any other advice is appreciated!

submitted by /u/notmyrevolution
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OCIfqV

No comments:

Post a Comment