Friday, December 6, 2019

I'm going to have to start for real tomorrow

First things first: My name is Stephan, I'm German, 27 years old, 1.87m (6'2.5'') tall and weigh 92.5kg (204lbs).

I guess the story about my biggest problem, sweets, starts with me as a kid. I ate a good amount of sweets back then (usually some chocolate and some peanut flips every day), but since I used to be a skinny kid it enver was a problem. When I approached the age of 16 or so my mom noticed me gaining a bit of weight and basically suggested that I should eat less sweets, and since I wasn't a rebel and she did all the shopping I went with it and never really had a problem back then.

The problems really started when I went off to university. I lived on my own for the first time ever, which turned out to be a bad idea. Generally speaking, all of it was a horrible idea since I noticed (or should have noticed), that university was actually not a good fit for me. Nevertheless, I wasted 5 years of my live trying to manage something that was clearly never meant to be and kinda slipped into a depression-esque state in this time. Early on in my university days I basically picked up the toxic habit of just buying 200g (7oz) of peanut flips and 3 bars of chocolate and then just eating all of it in a day. That is about 3k kcal. In the beginning it wasn't a huge issue. I was still skinny, did it pretty rarely and also didn't eat anything else oin these days. As I learned more and more that my natural intelligence was no longer able to overcome my insane learning related laziness, I started to go to University less often and binge eat more. I can't exactly remember how the hell these 5 years actually went past me (which is a horrible sign of how much I wasted them) but I eventually began eating 3.5k kcal almost daily in sweets alone, and I also started eating regular meals on the same days. Needless to say, I balooned and the only time of me losing weight was when I stayed at my parents' place during the semester breaks. I basically hit rock bottom a year ago, finalle deciding to drop out of university for the second time. At that point I weighed 105kg (231lbs).

I was hopeful initially, since the last time I spent the summer at my parents' place I lost 15kg (33lbs) in two and a half months without even really trying. I usually don't overeat in regular meals and my weight just dropped like a stone. So I was optimistic, that the same might happen. I didn't account for my sweet addiction to be stronger and my means to get sweets also increased. The summer of weight loss was basically a result of a strict rule: I go shopping when I'm off studying, my mom does the shopping when I'm home. So I never really got the strong temptation to just buy some sweets. Sadly, I got a temporal job (to be productive in the time between dropping out of university and starting my apprenticeship in logistics) which meant having access to a car and to sweets. Worse even, at some point I agreed to buy my own food (for reasons not worth going into right now we rarely eat together as a family) which opened this door even more. While my parents still motivate me to lose weight, I have been eating sweets like a madman.

Which brings me to the meaning of the title. I have eaten the same setup of sweets as mentioned above, 3k kcal worth of sweets, on every day since Monday (including today). Tomorrow really has to be the start of me actively battling my addiction. I have basically been on the "just one more time" train for weeks now, always finding an excuse to get sweets, but this has to be it. I will never really stop if I don't just do it, I think. So that is my quest. As mentioned above, I'm sure I can lose weight. I don't have a problem with being active every day and I don't actually eat that much when it comes to regular meals. Hell, I have used intermittend fasting on days without sweets for a long time, never had a problem with it, and mostly drink water. I also think today is a good day since it's only two and a half weeks until I get christmas sweets (which I will allow myself to eat since it is quite clearly a different beast altogether).

It would be very interesting to hear how other people kicked their sweet addiction. I am hopeful that actually declaring my goal here and being active in this community will motivate myself to finally take this seriously. I have planned to hit my weight goal of 75kg (165lbs) on the 12th of April 2020. I know that is a ambitious goal, but I think ambitious goals are worth striving for sometimes.

submitted by /u/Version_1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OXoJ8S

No comments:

Post a Comment