Monday, December 16, 2019

Is it normal to experience anxiety at the start of a diet?

I'm 24, female, 5'3" and about 130, the same weight I've been since about 15/16. Weight loss wasn't urgent, but I knew I had a small tendency to overeat, and was curious what my body would look like without love handles. So I downloaded MyFitnessPlanner and started counting calories. Here's the weird bit. There shouldn't be any anxiety, cause it's all counted out for me, but I find myself feeling incredibly anxious about calories. I tend to under-report the number of calories burned when I exercise or over-report meal intake when I'm unsure. And I think about it almost constantly. I've been at this about three weeks now, and I'd really prefer not to stop. My question is, for people who have an unhealthy relationship with food, is it normal to feel anxious when starting a diet? Do these feelings eventually go away? Or should I be worried?

submitted by /u/GrapefruitFairy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36JCpuq

No comments:

Post a Comment