Thursday, December 5, 2019

Keep going, or be happy with a 28 BMI

I went to my health care provider to ask if running a marathon is a realistic goal. She said, "Why not." She asked if I wanted to lose more weight and I would like to lose another twenty pounds, but I am not fretting over it. I would just like to run that marathon and not have so much trouble climbing mountains. She told me my BMI is 28.3, which is down from a BMI of 75!!!! She told me that my current weight might be a place to stop, as I am carrying around a lot of excess skin and my other numbers are great, like my cholesterol, and my blood sugar level is so great that I was able to stop taking my metformin.

At this point any weight loss is just to look even better than I do now, which I have always told people is NOT the point, better health is, and I am already there. That said, I want to run a marathon, which is just easier on the joints at a lower weight.

I have not conquered my problem with food, I probably never will, but looking better and feeling better makes it easier to maintain my healthy habits. My dog and I did a 5K walk for charity on Thanksgiving Day and it felt great. My grin was almost too big for my face and I swear my dog was grinning as well, between her looks at me that said, "Are we there yet.?"

I am still over my ideal BMI, but if my healthcare provider says I can stop, should I be content with my current healthy weight.

submitted by /u/BBFan1958
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qoiIbQ

No comments:

Post a Comment