Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Losing weight as a teenager

Hello everyone! I’m new to Reddit and this community but wow! I already feel so motivated and ready to start my weight loss journey and know that every post here can will help keep me motivated as lose all my extra weight. I’m 15, 5’6” and 232. Back in middle school I had major depression, was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and Binge Eating Disorder and started gaining. It got so bad that in my last year of middle school I gained 40 pounds! I know I’m young and I don’t really have the “good ol skinny days” but I still see vacation pictures of me next to my siblings looking cute in all my outfits and being happy and relatively small but now that’s just not the case! I really don’t want to start my real life after graduation fat and sad about it. I want to chase after my dreams of being a journalist and going to UCLA but I fear I can’t get the full experience of college and do my best if I’m constantly obsessing over my weight and comparing myself to others. I see all these posts of everyone doing these things but I can’t do half of them! I can’t get rid of all the food in my house except the stuff that I’m meal planning with or I can’t go to the gym or even eat the meals I want because I’m 15. Not to mention how unsupportive my entire family is. Everyone aside from my father is picture perfect. They’re ashamed of how big and gross I am and it’s so embarrassing. They’re so rude about it. And my father! He’s all “Oh, we’re fat together, it’s alright” and all this stuff like it’s okay to be overweight because we both have the same struggles. It’s so rough to deal with. Especially because I’ve been trying to go vegetarian and it’s been backfiring because I like meat! My mother and siblings are vegetarian and vegan but they always make fun of me and don’t believe that I’m trying. And my dad doesn’t help at all. He keeps filling the house with meat and cooking meat-oriented meals because vegetarianism is just sooooo expensive. It’s so rough to lose weight as a teenager and i’m really struggling. I officially start my journey Jan 1st 2020 because 1) I’m serious about losing 70 pounds this time and 2) I kinda wanna eat all that holiday stuff and have fun šŸ˜¬ So basically what I’m saying is it’s really hard to get motivated and STAY motivated with everyone pushing me down. Also it really sucks to lose weight when you’re a teenager. If anyone has any ways that they kept themselves motivated or just any tips to get me started they’d all be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Happy losing! :)

submitted by /u/scarr216
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PxeneW

No comments:

Post a Comment