Saturday, December 14, 2019

Negative reaction to weight loss

Last night at a dinner party with friends I saw a friend who I hadn’t seen in a couple years, well before I lost 60lb. All my friends have been really supportive but he’s reaction was really negative. He said “you’re really stupid for losing all that weight. There’s no way you were obese back then. You looked fine then, and now you look like shit” His tone was rough. He himself is overweight. It was the first time that I encountered a very negative and aggressive reaction to my weight loss. I even explained that my nutritionist and personal trainer monitor my body fat and diet every two weeks and that I still have to lose a couple pounds of body fat but he wasn’t having any of it. To be honest, he’s reaction caught me off guard. How do you handle negative reactions to weight loss? I thought everybody would be so happy for me.

submitted by /u/Marphigor
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ek9n8c

No comments:

Post a Comment