Sunday, December 22, 2019

New to weight loss...new to Reddit.

I watch these youtube videos by LukeNarwhal who narrates posts from this subreddit and felt compelled to make one myself. I know what reddit is, but I've never ventured into it because I just don't know how it works lol. But here I am - making a reddit post!

I am a 21 year old female who has been fat my WHOLE life. I've never known anything different. My highest weight is 289 (two months ago). The thought of going over 300 lbs terrified me, so I started to take weight loss pretty seriously and I've been going about it in awful ways. I'm talking toxic, bad, scary ways. I am down to 266. I wanted to join this subreddit because I do not want to do it like that. I know that I can achieve my goals in a healthy way - a way that I can look back on and be proud of. I'm fearful that if I continue on my current path I'll just end up gaining it all back.

My big problem is binge eating. I am an emotional eater. Not just when I'm sad, but when I'm happy. I incessantly get on the scale - sometimes ten times a day. If the number goes up, I spiral. If it goes down, I take a breath. I restrict myself. I do other harmful things that I won't mention because that's not the point of this post - the point is that I want to stop doing these things. I want to learn new ways. HEALTHY ways. From other users and posts here.

I don't really know what this was, but here I am. Here's to losing weight healthily in 2020!

submitted by /u/dojakitkat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34SF8Ap

No comments:

Post a Comment