Sunday, December 22, 2019

Learning after going blind

So I’ve been lurking here for some time now, and honestly love this sub. It’s rare to find a weight loss community that isn’t super toxic. I finally wanted to share a bit of my story, to inspire, and maybe get even more advice and support from y’all

I’ve always had a hard time with food. I have Aspergers syndrome and struggle with food aversions, especially when I was a kid. My dad was quite forceful when it came to food which screwed me over even more. When I was little I was closer to being underweight then overweight, but when I approached puberty I started to gain weight. Nothing to bad, but I wasn’t stick thin anymore. Then I became ill. I developed chronic fatigue syndrome, was diagnosed with Aspergers and PTSD all in the same year. I barely made it through that school year, but to top all that of I started to go blind that summer. After losing 40% of my vision over night I was diagnosed with a rare genetic eye disease. As you can imagine I was not doing well. I felt horrible due to my CVS flaring, and had no idea what my future would be like. I started comfort eating and my diet in general went to hell because of chronic nausea. I gained weight, not sure how much. I was either just over the overweight mark or real freaking close. I am done not liking how I look. After I got a little better and became more active I did lose a little weight, but not as much as I’d like. So here I am, almost fully blind, 18. not overweight but not fit either, ready to work on myself, my fitness and my eating habits. I want to take care of myself. I don’t want this to get worse. I want to love my body and the first step is learning how to care for it.

submitted by /u/blindnessandbees
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34PmI3a

No comments:

Post a Comment