Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Question about dieting and medication

To keep it short, I've been prescribed with Adderall for ADHD about 2 months ago, and I've noticed how little I eat while on it. I'm definitely obese, and over the past month and a half of not consciously changing anything, I've lost over 35lbs. It feels great to finally see results after a few failed dieting attempts the past few years, but I have some questions about it.

I know a lot of the time, people say that "if you don't eat, your body will go into starvation mode and retain calories". Is this really true? If so, how have I lost this weight? The only thing I've done differently is not eat hardly at all because the medicine makes my hunger basically non-existent.

If the answer to the aforementioned question is yes, then how do I go about dieting while really not eating? The reason I ask is because I see so many tips and stories of dozens of weight loss diets where people only eat or don't eat certain foods, and they act like there's no other way to lose weight. Isn't it as simple as just not eating a lot? Do I have to eat something to keep this weight loss up? What would happen if I just ate say an apple once a day, or drank a Slimfast shake in the morning/afternoon, and ate nothing else till the next day?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I appreciate anyone who replies.

submitted by /u/PapaProsciutto
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LJlJe8

No comments:

Post a Comment