Tuesday, December 10, 2019

What’s the point of it all if you can’t eat well?

ThiS has been the thought that I struggle with most on my weight loss journey...but let me give some of my history.

In middle school (I’m in my late twenties now) I was eating McDonald’s almost everyday and I was definitely overweight. This didn’t last long however, as I became an athlete in high school and slimmed down significantly. i was anywhere from 140 to 160 lbs from college to high school and the heaviest I’ve been before now was 170 lbs when I gave birth to my second child.

That was almost 4 years ago and last year before going on vacation I remember stepping on the scale thinking I was maybe 165 lbs and it turns out I was almost 190!

i have NEVER been someone to check the scale as I was always pretty happy with my weight, but this threw me and it was when I really began to start thinking about my weight.

Fast forward to now and I am a single mom to 2 children and I have been single for almost three years (and celibate). I mention this all because I’ve always justified my bad eating as OK because it was my only source of happiness (besides shopping online). I felt like who even cares if I’m big. My family has been mentioning my weight gain more and I finally had to take a look at myself and admit I don’t WANT to be bigger.

I decided that I would start in January on a weight loss regimen, but then last week Wednesday I decided to TRY and give up my habit of 1-2 large McDonald’s sweet teas a day. This was kind of a big deal because I couldn’t tell you the last time I went more than a day or so without a sugary drink. Tomorrow makes a week since I’ve had sweet tea (and replaced that intake with water which I use to drink none of) and I am so proud because besides a craving or two over the weekend, I have been good! No headache past the weekend either. So I feel like I‘be kicked that. On Saturday I tried to see if I could do a low calorie day and I ended up eating a small pizza by myself, two pieces of fried fish, and a bowl of cereal. Bad day! But today and yesterday I have used MyFitness Pal and with a starting calorie count of 1200, combined with exercise, I‘be stayed below my allotment for both days.

But I’m getting nervous. I’m afraid I’m one meal away from falling off. I feel like will I even ever be happy if I can’t eat junk all the time (which I know is stupid)? I‘m in dire need of something to help me take this one day at a time...any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Onetorulethemalll
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2t6ePJG

No comments:

Post a Comment