Saturday, March 28, 2020

Bought my own scale and it’s different from doctors scale, but I’ll take the weight loss.

I recently bought a scale and it arrived yesterday. Out of curiosity, I weighed and it said 145.4 (back to a normal BMI). I am 5’4”/F/30. I get weighed every other month or so when I have a doctors appointment and there I hover around 151-156. I have lupus so I do have these doctors appointments, and I was 130 but taking prednisone made me put on all the weight. I know doctors scales are off by 3-4 pounds (based on my experience with them and using my mom’s scale when I used to live with her). I’m only on 2.5 mg of prednisone right now because I’m in remission. I have been on as high as 80 mg and the higher dosage you are, the hungrier you get, and the rounder your face gets.

The last time I got weighed at the doctors office was 2 weeks ago when I had my Cytoxan infusion (the last one ever!) and it was around 151.

I am eating better and making better choices. I know IF is popular but it’s not for me because I get very lightheaded if I go long stretches without eating. I prefer to do CICO and eat every few hours. I love Hot Cheetos, but that may be the main culprit so rather than eating a big bag every week, I prefer to buy small bags and eat them every few weeks (my husband did get me 2 big bags though as one of our anniversary gifts). I used to binge on them a lot because I was so depressed and emotionally distraught about my lupus and the flares that came with it. But once I sought counseling and medication (Prozac) I was in a better mental state. I still eat carbs too but try to focus more on vegetables and protein. For workouts, I mostly do Pure Barre (the live-streaming videos now that I’m in quarantine) and yoga here and there, but I want to incorporate more kettlebells since you can do a lot of cardio with them. I also did 9Round (kickboxing) for a bit before I became quarantined but they now have video workouts and I want to start doing them too.

I know it takes a while and it’s frustrating yo-yo-ing from having a medical condition and taking medications that hold you back from your goals. But I’m trying to give myself grace and patience and tell myself there’s no hurry to lose the weight. I would love to go back down to 125-130 and if it takes me a year then so be it. I’ve gone this far with my health and I need the grace.

submitted by /u/tacolady1026
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ygV2tE

No comments:

Post a Comment