Sunday, March 29, 2020

You SHOULD give up junk food when starting out.

Before I get the downvote brigade, hear me out.

I was almost 100lbs over a healthy weight (life happens from time to time and you shift prorities, whatever, it happens to us all) I’m a fully qualified PT and Gymanstics coach of over 10 years so this is my experience with the majority of people who are new to dieting and fitness that I’ve coached over the years. When I was overweight I had a lot of trigger foods that didn’t help, I see a lot of people talk about ‘intuitive eating’ and ‘you’re able to eat junk food and still lose weight’ while this is TRUE, im going to explain how it can be detrimental to some people if they adopt this thought process early on.

If you have trigger foods and you’re just starting out your weight loss journey, limit the trigger foods for a few weeks and please focus on preparing staple foods and learning the calories in those foods, by learning what the foods contain you will get a feel for how the whole process works, if you do this long enough you can start guesstimating how many calories are in a meal by eye alone and this is where you can ease up a little and become more flexible with your diet while still losing fat.

This isn’t true for everyone, but in my experience of coaching clients I would say it’s true for the majority. Some people can fit junk food in their diet straight away and just say no when they’ve reached their calorie allowance, for the most of us who have ended up overweight this isn’t the case, or we likely wouldn’t be in the position we’re in.

TLDR: eating junk food is fine, but eating junk food before you have the foundation and reinforced good habits in place to do it sensibly will most likely cause issues or relapse for a lot of people, learn to crawl before you run, then when you are in a stronger position with new habits, add those foods back in as you see fit.

submitted by /u/Sraje16
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QWJEth

No comments:

Post a Comment