Sunday, March 29, 2020

Reconnecting with someone from the past after weight loss. Has anyone done it?

In 2018 I dated someone for 4 months but we had known each other for a little while before. I really liked this person but my confidence was in the gutter because of my weight.

I was obese, my BMI was 33 when we first started seeing each other and 31.5 by the time we parted ways. Plus, I am a short person with a small/medium frame so I didn't carry the weight well at all. It was my insecurities that lead to this person dumping me. Though, a part of me always thought my weight was a factor too. This person is very fit and athletic.

We haven't spoke in a little over a year but I am considering reaching out. My BMI is now 22.5 and I finally feel good about myself again. Some people say to leave the past in the past, move on... but I think I need to try. If it doesn't go well then I can successfully put it behind me.

Has anyone ever reconnected with someone in their past after weight loss? I know this isn't a dating subreddit but a lot of people don't understand what it is like to have weight issues and how it impacts our social life/dating/confidence etc. Hence why I have posted here :)

Disclaimer: I'm not looking to date this person now, social distancing.

submitted by /u/Nin9Tac-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JqUq78

No comments:

Post a Comment