Tuesday, March 31, 2020

"You used to be fat?"

Wow, what a huge bit of validation and self-esteem boost I got today.

I've been losing weight slowly and consistently for the last 6-7 months, and I'm about 55 lb down from my highest weight of 260 (6'0" guy here). I've recently been struggling with motivation, kinda feeling like I still look the same as I ever did, and wondering what the point is because I'm never going to not be fat. I've never been not fat, at least not since I was 9 or 10 years old.

I started a new job about a month ago, and I was talking with my coworker about weight loss. She's been working hard at losing weight and I was trying to give her some support, so I told her about my weight loss journey. Imagine my surprise when she looked at me in shock and said "wait, you used to be fat?"

Imagine me, still struggling with my self image, the first thing that comes to mind being "uh, I'm still fat what are you talking about?" But then it clicked...these people have no idea what I used to look like and how I feel. They have a far more accurate mental image of what I look like right now than I do, and it gave me the motivation to keep being healthy and keep working on myself.

So maybe I'm not fat anymore. Huh. Gonna have to chew on that one.

submitted by /u/The_Muffintime
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dK21LT

No comments:

Post a Comment