Thursday, March 26, 2020

Losing access to the fridge possibly saved my weight loss progress

I still have to work during quarantine as I'm an essential worker. I lost 120 lbs and I've been trying to lose the remaining few pounds to get to my goal - to no avail. The last few pounds are legit hell, and I've been eating beyond my calorie restriction for over a month now and gained a few pounds as a result. I'm a perfectionist asshole so this whole ordeal is not easy for me, while I know it's natural to gain a little then lose it again, I have a hard time accepting I went through all of this just to go back to my "old ways", which I haven't done. I've been counting calories for over 2 years nonstop and I don't intend to ever stop doing that.

A few days ago I went to work and met my best friend who's also working there - he just finished his 14 day isolation and got back to work. Within 2 minutes he started coughing all over me. We can't tell whether he's infected or not as the cough had been present before he went to Spain. I went straight home and self isolated in my room as my parents are on the older side and if I'm infected something might happen to them.

I'm currently dependent on my parents to bring food over as I no longer have access to the kitchen and amazingly, I've been able to eat 1400 calories a day with no issue even though a few days ago I'd eat almost 70% more than that and was "hungry" all the time.

Turns out I wasn't hungry, just bored out of my mind and trips to the kitchen were "exciting". It's amazing how food is less of a necessity once you don't have access to it. I'm waiting for my friend's test results but isolation had been good to me so far. Hope I can keep this up once I'm able to roam the house again.

submitted by /u/rinat114
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UFlVPk

No comments:

Post a Comment